News

37 Years Old Man Electrocuted In Delta State

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

William Madu, a 37-year-old man, has been electrocuted in Sapele, Delta State while trying to change the source of power supply from a generator.

Eyewitnesses said the incident, which occurred on Oleh Road around 1.35 pm on Sunday, threw the entire community into mourning, as the deceased was said to be the breadwinner of his family and was also taking care of his aged father and siblings.

A neighbor described the young man’s death as devastating to the Madu family.

One of the eyewitnesses, who spoke on the condition of anonymity said, “William was watching TV when the BEDC restored power supply and because the generator was outside, he quickly left his one-room apartment to switch off the generator and the next thing we heard was a little boy screaming. We dashed out to find him struggling with the wire and we had to switch off the power source from the building before we could go near him.”

Report revealed that William died before neighbors could get him to the hospital.

Write A Comment