A breakdown of the damning allegations leveled against acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has been revealed.
These were revealed in a memo raised by the minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami.
Mr Magu has been suspended after being embroiled in suspected corrupt practices.
As compiled by PRNigeria, the ten major allegations are as follows:
- Insubordination to the Office of the AGF
- Alleged ‘relooting of recovered loots’ and Sale of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends.
- Alleged favouritism towards selected EFCC investigators called the ‘Magu Boys’ for ‘juicy’ assignments
- Alleged leakages of investigative reports that were prejudicial to some cases to some selected media
- Alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds.
- Alleged declaration of N539b as recovered funds instead of N504b earlier claimed
- Not providing enough concrete evidences against some suspects including on Diezani Alison-Madueke for her extradition
- Reporting some judges to their presiding officers without deferring to the AGF
- Late action on the investigation of P&ID leading to legal disputes.
- Not respecting court order to unfreeze a N7b judgment in favour of a former executive director of a bank.